PATCHWISE.COM
The Creative Development Company
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  PatchWise Software Community ...................................................................................................................
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile 

Adjusting Font Size for language fonts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PatchWise Software Community Forum Index -> LocWise Multilingual SDK Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bwray

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Adjusting Font Size for language fonts Reply with quote

Hi - I'm just getting started with LocWise - the history.txt shows version 2.15. I can select a font and font size in the VC++ resource editor; however this has no effect on the font assigned by the LcwTranslateDialog() function. I don't think I can override the SetFont() function in my dialog/view to handle this situation. How can I do this, or modify the LocWise source code to use the dialog template font size for all language fonts?

Thanks - Barney
Support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Feb 09, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Default fonts setting in different languages are not same. For example, default font for english is "MS Sans Serif" and font size is 8, but default font for simplified chinese is "SimSun" and font size is 9. So fonts setting in LocWise are language dependent, you can add a [FONT] section into language pack.

The [FONT] section sets the localized dialog font, the default font is DEFAULT_GUI_FONT, and LocWise can handle it automatically. If the language you are translating to requires special font faces or sizes, make sure that the font should be installed in target user system. By default, this optional section does not be generated by LangGen for LocWise, you need to add it by yourself. Here is the sample below:

Code:
;; PatchWise(R) PatchWise Free Language Pack

; Do not localize the section below.
[INFO]
Language=English (United States)
LanguageID=$0409
HelpFile=PWFenu.chm
Author=PatchWise Software
Contact=info@patchwise.com
Product=PWF
Version=3.28
Revision=1
LastUpdated=May 03, 2003

; If the language you are translating to requires special font faces or
; sizes, change them accordingly.
[FONT]
Name=MS Sans Serif
Size=8

; Translate all the sections below. If necessary, you can choose words
; which represent same or closest meaning to the original words.
[MENU]
PID57600=&File
ID57600=&New Project
ID57601=&Open Project...

bwray

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: LocWise Multilingual SDK Support Reply with quote

Yes, I see the [FONT] capability in the language file; however, I want to control the font for each template, exactly as in the native project RC file. Is that possible in the language file?
Support
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 10, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This function is not available currently. However, it can be easily added into LocWise MSDK.
bwray

PostPosted: May 16, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - when you say it can easily be added - do you mean PatchWise Will do this (if so, will I get notification of the update??), or do you mean that I should do this, using the source code?
Support
Site Admin

PostPosted: May 20, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, PatchWise software will do it, and everyone will be notified when the new release comes out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PatchWise Software Community Forum Index -> LocWise Multilingual SDK Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: