PATCHWISE.COM
The Creative Development Company
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  PatchWise Software Community ...................................................................................................................
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile 

Unicode Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PatchWise Software Community Forum Index -> LocWise Multilingual SDK Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregor

PostPosted: Jan 16, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Unicode Problem Reply with quote

I'm trying to insert a unicode string into my Application, but when i enter the unicode character into LangTrans it only stores a ansi character in the language file.

I tried to enter the character ć (a c with an apostroph) which gets converted to a normal c in the file. The character is displayed correctly in LangTrans.

Any ideas?
Support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: The unicode conversion in LangTrans for LocWise Reply with quote

There are two version of LangTrans: unicode version and non-unicode version. The unicode version is installed to Windows NT platform (Windows NT4/2000/XP) and the non-unicode version is installed to Windows 9x platform (Windows 95/98/ME). Both of these two version of LangTrans uses same format of language file, in ANSI code page, the most common format. The unicode version of LangTrans converts language file to unicode while opening, and converts it back to ANSI code page while saving. The advantage of using unicode processing is all ANSI code pages can be managed, no matter what the default language your system is. On the other hand, the non-unicode version does not convert language file to unicode while loading and saving, and only system-default ANSI code page is managed.

When converting from unicode to ANSI code page, unmapped character will be converted to best fit character. In this case, is the character "ć". Based on my knowledge, it exists only in code page 1250, it means the language pack should be saved to a language using ANSI code page 1250, one of the following languages Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Romanian, Croatian, Slovak, Albanian, Slovenian, Serbian, or it will be coverted to the best fit character "c". So please select the correct language for the translation file.
Support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Jan 17, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other case is those Asian characters such as Chinese Japanese Korean characters are converted to "?" (question mark), when saving to a wrong target language.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PatchWise Software Community Forum Index -> LocWise Multilingual SDK Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: