PATCHWISE.COM
The Creative Development Company
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  PatchWise Software Community ...................................................................................................................
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile 

Using LcwLoadString in a non-MFC DLL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PatchWise Software Community Forum Index -> LocWise Multilingual SDK Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alcatel_01

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Using LcwLoadString in a non-MFC DLL Reply with quote

Hi,

My application consists of an EXE using MFC, which links to a non-MFC DLL. The non-MFC DLL does not have its own resource file; all of its strings have been placed in the resource file of the EXE. I am having difficulty loading strings from the language file from within this non-MFC DLL.

When I call LcwLoadString (either the 2-parameter version or the 4-parameter version) from within the DLL, I am unable to load the string successfully and my application crashes. When I step into LcwLocalization.cpp using the debugger, the static variable m_pMainLangInfo is NULL, even though it had been initialized in my app's InitInstance function.

I am aware that one solution may be to create a separate resource file just for the DLL. However, I would prefer to not have to do this unless absolutely necessary. Please let me know if there is a simple way to get around this problem.

Thanks.
Support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep 19, 2003 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've noticed this problem too, and it has been solved by adding new support function to LocWise Lib. Also, VC++ 7.1 (.NET 2003) is supported by the new version too. It will be released soon.
Support
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sep 22, 2003 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following two functions were added in 2.14:
PLANGINFO WINAPI LcwGetLangInfo(VOID);
BOOL WINAPI LcwInitLocalization(PLANGINFO LangInfo);

Call LcwGetLangInfo function from your app's InitInstance function after LcwInitLocalization finishing its initiation and pass the return value to the dll's initialization function

Code:
CString strLangPath = GetProfileString(_T("Directories"),
   _T("LanguageDir"), _T("Language"));
LcwInitLocalization(ID_LANGUAGE_FIRST, MAX_LANGUAGES);
LcwLoadLangs(strLangPath, _T("DllDemo???.lng"));
LcwSetDefaultLang();
InitMyLibDLL(LcwGetLangInfo());

the InitMyLibDll function here is a export function from your dll.

Call LcwInitLocalization function from your dll's InitMyLibDLL function beore any other LocWise function invoking from the dll.
Code:
// Exported DLL initialization
void InitMyLibDLL(PLANGINFO pLangInfo)
{
#ifdef LOCWISE_SUPPORT
   LcwInitLocalization(pLangInfo);
#endif

}

Now you can call other LocWise functions from your dll. Since it's not a real initalization, no cleaning up code is required in your dll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PatchWise Software Community Forum Index -> LocWise Multilingual SDK Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: